Creamy Mushroom Penne
- 350g penne
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g brown closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 150ml dry white wine
- 200ml pot half fat crème fraîche
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat parsley
Prep: 5 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
1. Bring a large pan of boiling water to the boil. Add the penne and cook for 10 mins or according to packet instructions until just tender.
2. Whilst the pasta cooks make the sauce: Heat the oil in a large frying pan, when hot add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 mins over a high heat until golden brown. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min, stirring.
3. Add the white wine and cook briskly until nearly all the wine has evaporated. Add the crème fraîche then gently reheat until the sauce is smooth. Stir in the nutmeg and season to taste. Remove from the heat.
4. Drain the penne in a colander then return to the pan. Stir in the mushroom sauce and the cheese. Divide between plates then scatter over the parsley. Serve with more parmesan cheese if liked.