Chicken, Mushroom, Spinach and Gruyere Quesadillas
- 400g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 400g baby spinach
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 400g grated gruyere
For the sour cream
- 200g sour cream
- 4 tbsp chopped tarragon (4-6 stalks tarragon, leaves removed and chopped)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Make the tarragon sour cream by combining all ingredients and set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a tbsp of the olive oil in a large non stick frying pan until smoking. Add the chicken and fry until golden (you may need to do this in batches so that it browns). Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl.
- Put another tablespoon of olive oil in the hot pan and fry the sliced onion and mushrooms for about 10 minutes, or until they’re totally softened.
- Stir in half of the minced garlic and fry for another minute. Add this to the chicken. Stir briefly.
- Finally add the spinach to the pan and cook for 1 min. Add the rest of the garlic and fry for a minute more, until starting to wilt, then transfer to the other cooked ingredients, add the grated cheese, season well and mix thoroughly.
- Now make the quesadillas. Place 2 heaped tbsp of the mix (this should be an eighth) along one side of a tortilla wrap and fold over to form a semi circle. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Clean the frying pan out and heat ½ tbsp of olive oil. Add two quesadillas and cook until golden underneath before flipping over. They will take approximately two minutes on each side. Repeat with the rest of the quesadillas. Slice up and serve with the tarragon soured cream.
-TIP- You could use frozen spinach in this recipe. Make sure you defrost and drain it very well.