Barbecued Basil, Lemon and Walnut Stuffed Mushrooms
For the stuffed mushrooms
- 8 large open cup white or chestnut mushrooms
- 50g walnuts
- A large bunch of basil, leaves only, chopped (keep a few leaves for garnish)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
For the vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 20ml cider vinegar
- 100ml olive oil
- Salt to season
- Fire up the barbecue and let it come to temperature.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry frying pan, leave to cool then roughly chop. Mix with the basil, garlic, parsley, lemon zest and juice, a pinch of salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Stuff the mushrooms with this mix and sprinkle on the breadcrumbs. Cook on the barbecue on the bottom only until golden and starting to char.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette. Whisk together the honey, mustard, vinegar and salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking until you have a creamy emulsion. Add a few drops of water to loosen a little.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the cooked mushrooms and serve with a little extra basil.