Mushroom Chilli Broth
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 litre vegetable stock or miso* stock
- 6 spring onions, roughly sliced
- 100g broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Soy sauce, to season
- Heat the vegetable stock or miso stock in a large saucepan until simmering, then add the mushrooms, spring onions, broccoli and chilli.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, then add the coriander.
- Season to taste with soy sauce (or use a little salt and pepper), then serve.
- To make the soup more filling, add a sachet of pre-cooked (ready-to-wok) noodles just before serving.
- You can buy miso* soup paste at most supermarkets – just follow the pack guidelines to make up 1 litre.
Cost per recipe: £1.75 Cost per portion: 44p
Nutritional values per portion:
Energy 42 kcal
Carbohydrate 2g of which sugars 1.3g
Fat 1.5g of which saturates 0.1g
Sodium 1.2g or equivalent as salt 2.8g
Contains: Gluten, Wheat, Celery, Soya
May Contain: Mustard, Sesame